The National Federation of Synergistic Healers (NZ) Inc. is a national non-denominational healing organisation for spiritual healers in New Zealand. The word Synergistic in its name refers to
- Natural Healers working together in harmony with the "Highest" Source of natural Universal Spiritual healing energy, and
- Natural Healers working together in harmony with all life on Earth to give of the Universal Spiritual healing energy in whatever way needed for the highest good, health and well-being of all living creatures and Beings.
Through its Constitution the NFSH is not aligned with spiritualism or any religion, ‘-ism’ or ‘-ology’. We accept into membership all those, irrespective of personal religious persuasion, who wish to help themselves and their fellow man through spiritual healing, and/or expand their knowledge about this natural complementary Healing Therapy modality.
The NFSH is internationally recognised, our training program is comprehensive, our healers provide a nationwide support network, and all members respect our Code of Conduct. The NFSH is a professional organisation advancing the cause of spiritual healing in the community.
In the United Kingdom
Spiritual healing is officially listed as a therapy within the National Health Service. Doctors are permitted by the General Medical Council to refer their patients for spiritual healing, healers can work alongside doctors in hospitals and surgeries, and healers may attend hospital patients who request their services.
The NFSH (UK) was originally founded in the UK in 1955. It is now renamed The Healing Trust. The NFSH in NZ was founded in September 1996 and is a registered charity (CC24842) and an Incorporated Society. Our headquarters share premises with the Holistic Healing Centre in Thames. The office is open during normal working hours, and there is a telephone message recording service out of hours.
The NFSH (NZ) Inc. is affiliated with The Healing Trust (The NFSH in the United Kingdom), and the NHPNZ (Natural Health Practitioners of NZ).
As an Incorporated Society we abide by the NZ Privacy Act. All information received and/or held is totally confidential to the organisation and its officers. We do not share your name or contact details with any other organisations or lists.
What the NFSH does
Among its aims and activities, the NFSH (NZ) Inc. exists to:
- Help bring spiritual healing to the public as a mainstream Natural Therapy, complementary to all other medicines and therapies.
- Gain recognition and acceptance by the Medical Profession and the publicly funded NZ Health Care Services (as occurs in the UK and is being considered in many other countries).
- Help both healers and patients to move forward positively along their pathways in life.
- Help further the development of the healer through self-awareness Healing Courses, and so create a professional healing service for the public.
- Provide a national Healer Referral Service to the public. We maintain a Register of locally available healers at our headquarters. We handle requests for healing by telephone, letter and email from sufferers and friends from around the country.
- Connect healers with healers, and healers with patients, both nationally and internationally.
- In general, give public service and help all people — wherever and whenever needed.
- Identify potential healers, encourage them, and accelerate and fine-tune their development as healers.
- Act as a focal point to which aspiring healers may turn for advice and training. The Healer Training Courses support the progress of newcomers to healing, as well as expand the knowledge and expertise of established healers.
- Administer, and individual NFSH members undertake, Distant Healing for patients and other people in need, internationally.
If you are considering joining the NFSH, please have a look at the Membership page
If you are considering receiving training to become a healer, to expand on the knowledge/training you already have, or to get formal qualifications, please refer to our Training page.
Open Healing Mornings
To see us in action, you are invited to come along to our Open Healing Mornings which we hold at the Grahamstown Hall, Pollen Street, Thames on the first Saturday of each month from 8.30am until 11.30am as part of the Thames Market. Receive spiritual healing and have a chat to some of the NFSH Members.